Krinos Kalamata Olives
Krinos Kalamata Olives are grown exclusively in Kalamata, in the southern Peloponnese of Greece, these purplish, almond-shaped olives are distinguished by their plump size, meaty texture, and robust flavor.
Krinos Kalamata Olives are cultivated only in Greece, Kalamata olives are the most renowned and sought-after olives in the world. They are distinguished for their shiny purple-black color, unique almond shape, firm texture, and delicious taste. Once harvested, Kalamata olives are split to allow the red wine vinegar and herbs to fully saturate them. Kalamata olives are the perfect complement to salads and they make a delicious addition to sauces.
Grown exclusively in Kalamata, in the southern Peloponnese of Greece, these purplish, almond-shaped olives are distinguished by their plump size, meaty texture, and robust flavor. Packed with vitamins and antioxidants, they are a staple of the Mediterranean Diet. Eaten by locals for thousands of years, Kalamata olives are an essential ingredient of every Greek Salad. Krinos Kalamata Olives are perfect for tapenades, caponata, bruschetta and pasta sauces. Use them to add a delicious tang to a Watermelon, Feta, and Mint Salad. Or drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, herbs, and lemon peel – and enjoy!
Olives, water, kosher vinegar, sea salt, extra virgin olive oil.
Krinos Foods LLC
Krinos Foods LLC is North America’s largest importer, distributor, and manufacturer of Greek, Turkish, and Eastern European specialty foods with plants in New York, Atlanta, Chicago, Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We import and manufacture over 1,000 frozen, refrigerated and dry foods including cheeses, olives, olive oil, pasta, peppers, meats, and confectionery. We also import a variety of beverages including coffees, teas, juices, mineral waters, sodas, and nectars.
In addition to our Krinos label, we represent many well-known brands including Apollo, Athens, Attiki, Haitoglou, Hermes, Horio, Jotis, Koska, Kras, Macedonian, Marco Polo, Melissa, Minerva, Saradis, Tahsildaroglu, and Zanae. We distribute our products to supermarkets, gourmet stores, ethnic markets, hotels, restaurants, and other food service establishments across the US and Canada.
While most of our products are prepared in state-of-the-art, SQF-certified facilities using highly automated techniques, we are committed to maintaining the authenticity and homemade quality of certain traditional products. As a result, we produce select items by hand according to ageless culinary traditions.
Krinos Foods – the finest Mediterranean specialties for your table.
- 1977 ~ Toronto warehouse and packaging facility established in Vaughan, Ontario
- 1979 ~ Fillo production/sales begin out of the Toronto location
- 1991 ~ Acquisition of the #2 competitor – Sico Foods
- 2003 ~ Krinos Canada welcomes new president – Mr. Alexander Georgiadis
- 2005 ~ Krinos moves west with expansion to Vancouver warehousing facility
- 2008 ~ Canadian sheep and goat feta are introduced as a first in the Canadian market in partnership with Shepherd Gourmet Dairy
- 2009 ~ Purchase of new Montreal warehousing and packaging facility
- 2010 ~ Fillo Twisters products were introduced to the market in partnership with Akropolis Phyllo Products Inc. The product line is an instant success in Canada and is now exported & sold in the U.S.
- 2016 ~ Tiras Dairies in Alberta is acquired to expand production of Krinos cheese products