Krinos Green Cracked Olives
Krinos Green Cracked Olives are unusually large, fresh, crisp, and fruity-tasting olives are cultivated in the famous Halkidiki region where the monastic state of Mt. Athos is situated. Plain or pitted they can also be marinated to deliver maximum flavour as a side dish or tossed in a salad.
12 in stock
If you are looking for olives with a more robust flavor, Krinos Cracked Green Olives could become a new pantry favorite! Handpicked in Greece, we “crack” the olives so that the brine can penetrate into the fleshy meat. Our large green olives are perfect for antipasti and meze platters and hors d’oeuvres spreads. And they are delicious and served with extra virgin olive oil, herbs, and lemon peel. Use Krinos Cracked Green Olives to add Greek flair to sauces, dips, and tapenades, and as a garnish for meat, fish, and poultry dishes. Rich in vitamins and antioxidants, green olives are a mainstay of the heart-healthy Mediterranean Diet.
Olives, water, kosher vinegar, sea salt, extra virgin olive oil, antioxidants: citric acid and ascorbic acid.
Krinos Foods LLC
Krinos Foods LLC is North America’s largest importer, distributor, and manufacturer of Greek, Turkish, and Eastern European specialty foods with plants in New York, Atlanta, Chicago, Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We import and manufacture over 1,000 frozen, refrigerated and dry foods including cheeses, olives, olive oil, pasta, peppers, meats, and confectionery. We also import a variety of beverages including coffees, teas, juices, mineral waters, sodas, and nectars.
In addition to our Krinos label, we represent many well-known brands including Apollo, Athens, Attiki, Haitoglou, Hermes, Horio, Jotis, Koska, Kras, Macedonian, Marco Polo, Melissa, Minerva, Saradis, Tahsildaroglu, and Zanae. We distribute our products to supermarkets, gourmet stores, ethnic markets, hotels, restaurants, and other food service establishments across the US and Canada.
While most of our products are prepared in state-of-the-art, SQF-certified facilities using highly automated techniques, we are committed to maintaining the authenticity and homemade quality of certain traditional products. As a result, we produce select items by hand according to ageless culinary traditions.
Krinos Foods – the finest Mediterranean specialties for your table.
- 1977 ~ Toronto warehouse and packaging facility established in Vaughan, Ontario
- 1979 ~ Fillo production/sales begin out of the Toronto location
- 1991 ~ Acquisition of the #2 competitor – Sico Foods
- 2003 ~ Krinos Canada welcomes new president – Mr. Alexander Georgiadis
- 2005 ~ Krinos moves west with expansion to Vancouver warehousing facility
- 2008 ~ Canadian sheep and goat feta are introduced as a first in the Canadian market in partnership with Shepherd Gourmet Dairy
- 2009 ~ Purchase of new Montreal warehousing and packaging facility
- 2010 ~ Fillo Twisters products were introduced to the market in partnership with Akropolis Phyllo Products Inc. The product line is an instant success in Canada and is now exported & sold in the U.S.
- 2016 ~ Tiras Dairies in Alberta is acquired to expand production of Krinos cheese products