Krinos Organic Greek Mountain Tea
In the 5th century BC, Hippocrates, the Greek Physician considered the “Father of Western Medicine,” first recommended Greek Mountain Tea as a natural remedy to help boost the immune system and to aid in respiration. As recently as 2015, a major scientific study lauded Greek Mountain Tea for having the same excellent health benefits and antioxidant properties as Green Tea.
Krinos Organic Greek Mountain Tea is a gift from nature. Grown on Mt. Othrys, in central Greece, it is well known for its various health benefits. Combine with a few lemon drops to create a powerful antibacterial and antioxidant drink. Krinos Organic Mountain Tea is an all-natural product that grows with no chemical additives.
In the 5th century BC, Hippocrates, the Greek Physician considered the “Father of Western Medicine,” first recommended Greek Mountain Tea as a natural remedy to help boost the immune system and to aid in respiration. As recently as 2015, a major scientific study lauded Greek Mountain Tea for having the same excellent health benefits and antioxidant properties as Green Tea. Greek Mountain Tea is derived from the dried yellow flowers, leaves, and stems of the Sideritis plant that flourishes uniquely on rocky mountain peaks. At Krinos, we carefully hand-cull our fragrant harvest from organic Sideritis Plants growing on Mount Othrys in central Greece. Our loose tea has a wonderfully earthy full flavor and aroma, with notes of mint and citrus. This tea is so popular in Greece, and so enmeshed in the Mediterranean Diet and culture, that it’s savored and taken to heal “whatever ails you.” One sip of Krinos Organic Greek Mountain Tea, and you will be transported! Enjoy hot or iced. Naturally caffeine-free.
Organic Greek Mountain Tea
Krinos Foods LLC
Krinos Foods LLC is North America’s largest importer, distributor, and manufacturer of Greek, Turkish, and Eastern European specialty foods with plants in New York, Atlanta, Chicago, Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver.
We import and manufacture over 1,000 frozen, refrigerated and dry foods including cheeses, olives, olive oil, pasta, peppers, meats, and confectionery. We also import a variety of beverages including coffees, teas, juices, mineral waters, sodas, and nectars.
In addition to our Krinos label, we represent many well-known brands including Apollo, Athens, Attiki, Haitoglou, Hermes, Horio, Jotis, Koska, Kras, Macedonian, Marco Polo, Melissa, Minerva, Saradis, Tahsildaroglu, and Zanae. We distribute our products to supermarkets, gourmet stores, ethnic markets, hotels, restaurants, and other food service establishments across the US and Canada.
While most of our products are prepared in state-of-the-art, SQF-certified facilities using highly automated techniques, we are committed to maintaining the authenticity and homemade quality of certain traditional products. As a result, we produce select items by hand according to ageless culinary traditions.
Krinos Foods – the finest Mediterranean specialties for your table.
- 1977 ~ Toronto warehouse and packaging facility established in Vaughan, Ontario
- 1979 ~ Fillo production/sales begin out of the Toronto location
- 1991 ~ Acquisition of the #2 competitor – Sico Foods
- 2003 ~ Krinos Canada welcomes new president – Mr. Alexander Georgiadis
- 2005 ~ Krinos moves west with expansion to Vancouver warehousing facility
- 2008 ~ Canadian sheep and goat feta are introduced as a first in the Canadian market in partnership with Shepherd Gourmet Dairy
- 2009 ~ Purchase of new Montreal warehousing and packaging facility
- 2010 ~ Fillo Twisters products were introduced to the market in partnership with Akropolis Phyllo Products Inc. The product line is an instant success in Canada and is now exported & sold in the U.S.
- 2016 ~ Tiras Dairies in Alberta is acquired to expand production of Krinos cheese products